Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety -> Climo Putting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Climo Putting Reply with quote

This is interesting:

USDGC 2007 Cell Phone Ring

Wait for Climo's putt at 50 seconds in. Watch his feet. Is this allowed?
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you're talking about his footwork as he was putting and it looks good to me. He kept both "supports" behind the marker (I guess) and there is no video of the follow-through.

I am also assuming that the white thing visible on the ground between his feet is NOT his marker disc.

That's a lot of assumptions.

big grin

Brother
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother Andre wrote:
I assume you're talking about his footwork as he was putting and it looks good to me. He kept both "supports" behind the marker (I guess) and there is no video of the follow-through.

I am also assuming that the white thing visible on the ground between his feet is NOT his marker disc.

That's a lot of assumptions.

I'm not even looking at his mark. I'll look again, but I'm sure he's good.

But, I've been under the assumption that you couldn't take a run-up/step-up for a putt. He clearly does it, and he's allowed to.

Quote:

803.04 Stance, Subsequent to Teeing Off
C. Any throw from within 10 meters or less, as measured from the rear of the marker disc to the base of the hole, is considered a putt. A follow-through after a putt that causes the thrower to make any supporting point contact closer to the hole than the rear edge of the
marker disc constitutes a falling putt and is considered a stance violation . The player must demonstrate full control of balance before advancing toward the hole.

It's all about the follow-through. Interesting.
Brother Andre
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another assumption:

If he faulted, I would assume that the other players on his card would have called it. No?

big grin

Brother
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that is close here is that he plants just as he throws. If that lead foot was up when he putted, then I'd have a problem with it.
OMR
ODGC Marketing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So according to the rules can you:

- position your "lead" foot as far back from your marker as allowed,
- straddle putt with your other foot positioned to the side and in front of your lead foot, but no closer to the pin than the rear of your marker?

Reason I ask is that it helps with a midrange throw that has your back to the target and your left foot behind your marker (but as far back as allowed) and have your right foot (assuming a RHBH throw) slightly ahead of your left foot (again with a wide stance)

OR

is it that no foot can be in front of the foot behind the marker (even if the foot behind the marker is further back than the edge of the marker).?

Last edited by OMR on Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: