Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Tuesday Stroke Play League -> TOSS 2018 [19] - September 6 - Kanata (Short-Short) Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lissyssil
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://imgur.com/gallery/scVOT8Q

Thank you Chris Beaudoin, you made my night!

Last edited by lissyssil on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Beau
Putter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, it was an emotional experience.

lissyssil wrote:
http://imgur.com/gallery/scVOT8Q

Thank you Chris Beaudoin, you made my night!

- Beau
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I didn't notice, but by any chance was there a reverse-shaped mercy horseshoe somewhere else along the OB line?
lissyssil
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, let me tell you a little tale:

As I was painting lines yesterday afternoon, just for a lark, I decided to paint a reverse, non-mercy horseshoe along the OB fenceline to the left of hole 8. I really didn't think anyone would hit it, after all, it was only about 24 inches wide.

As my cardmates and I played hole 8, Chris Bourne looked at it, and said "Hey Atos, what's this?" and pointed at the horseshoe. My reply to him: "That's the FU hole.", and on we went with our round.

About ten minutes later, just as I was lining up my putt on 2, Chris Beaudoin comes striding across the soccer field, and tells me he'd like to lodge a complaint. I though maybe somebody was being a d**khead on the course, or that one of my mandos was not fair.

NOPE.

Boy, am I glad I putted before I addressed him. He parked the FU hole. Dead centre, with the evidence to prove it. I nearly fell down laughing. It was AWESOME. The only thing that would have made it better, would have been if I had been there at the time.

For the record, that was the only FU hole on the course, to answer Darko's question. Expeect that to make a comeback for TOSS 19 (2019).

Chris' misfortune was not in vain though, he did take home a sweet Dynamic DG backpack for the pain of an extra two strokes. Honorable mention for best (worst) throw of the night goes to Andros, who hit the top right corner of the Triple mando, fell backwards (thus not missing the mando) and had to lay up from there to the light post on the fairway of 6. Second honorable mention for best (worst) shot goes to Chris Landry, who attempted the Hyzer on 5 twice, landing once on the OB track, and once deep in the schnarb where he had to lay up backwards to the "landing zone" in the middle of the forest.

Shenanigans abounded!

I hope everyone who played last night enjoyed their round, and didn't get too serious.

Last edited by lissyssil on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Hasty
Trodden Teepad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lissyssil wrote:
Second honorable mention for best (worst) shot goes to Chris Landry, who attempted the Hyzer on 5 twice, landing once on the OB track, and once deep in the schnarb where he had to lay up backwards to the "landing zone" in the middle of the forest.

Shenanigans abounded!

I swear that’s a valid shot from the shorts. It just has to be thrown by somebody who doesn’t suck at disc golf. Andros proved it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Tuesday Stroke Play League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: