Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Special Events -> Marketing to the Ultimate Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Marketing to the Ultimate Players Reply with quote

Mike has agreed to head the marketing campaign to get the Ultimate crowd out to Hog's Back. This is the PM he sent me:

Mike McCormick wrote:
For the hog's back event, for OCUA, it may be better to push the Sunday as on the Saturday, there is the CHEO bbq volleyball/ultimate tournament http://www.cheobbq.com We could start pushing this at the Captain's meeting and get it in the weekly newsletter from that date onwards until the 9th.

For the Captain's meeting, even if we could get printouts of the course maps that are large and put these on the display, it could be a point of interest that may entice people to stop by.

For OCUA, we could set something up along the line of some prize for the team that has the lowest score of 3 of the participants (ie if 5 people from a team showed up, only the lowest 3 scores would count). A bar tab from somewheres would always be used. I would also set up a second random prize just from all the OCUA players that attend, probably some sort of bar tab. I believe trying to entice OCUA members is our best bet as 1, they are generally fit and 2, they already are throwing a disc.

As I mentioned at the AGM, I am interested in helping.

Thanks, Mike.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimate players already love throwing discs. This should be the easiest population to sell disc golf to.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Bar tab - Lone Star has a Cantina at Hog's Back. Maybe getting them involved might be positive for all parties.
Mike McCormick
Guru of Gab

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following was posted on the OCUA site last week http://www.ocua.ca/node/7497 . A link to it was also included in the OCUA newsletter last week and it was included on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ocua.ca (as a comment by me yesterday and by OCUA today).

Try your skills at Disc Golf, win your team a $300 Bar Tab

On June 8th and 9th, the Ottawa Disc Golf Club, with partners OCUA, DareDevil Discs, ODSA and the Ultimate Disc Golf Store, will be hosting Disc Golf in the Park at Hog's Back. This is a free event. For all you that have heard about disc golf and wanted to give it a try, this is an ideal time and place to give it a try.

For those who do not know what disc golf is, it is much like ball golf but we are throwing discs instead of hitting balls with clubs and we are aiming for baskets with chains instead of a hole.

Disc golf can be played with the regular Ultimate disc but you will get more distance and variety if you use disc golf discs. The club will have its box of demo discs on hand if you want to try these.

We will have a 12 hole course set up at Hog's Back Park. It should take about 1 to 1 1/2 hours to play a round. We will be set up from 8am to 8pm on Saturday and 8am to 5pm on Sunday.

For each round you play, your teamís name will be entered into a draw for the $300 bar tab. Bar tab courtesy of Hunt-Law, provider of Wills and Estate Services. So grab a few friends and head over to Hog's Back Park on June 8th and/or 9th and test your skills at disc golf and get in on a chance to win your team the bar tab.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Special Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: